Careers at Collier RV in Rockford, Illinois in Winnebago County
Collier RV is busy and we need help!
Are you familiar with RVs? Do you own a travel trailer, a fifth wheel or perhaps a motorhome? We have seasonal, part time and full time jobs available. Boomers and Retirees are encouraged to apply! We are looking for RV enthusiast who enjoy traveling and camping and can bring their knowledge of RVs and apply it on a daily basis.
The following positions are currently available:
Parts Sales Associates
The Parts Sales Associate position has the opportunity to interact with hundreds of customers to assist them in purchasing RV parts.
- Promptly meet and assist both the technician and the retail guest in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Obtain the correct parts and accessories for both the technician and the retail guest in a timely manner.
- Accurately price parts and accessories using the proper pricing source and transfer the information to the proper document and computer system.
- Answer telephone calls promptly, courteously, and make every effort to satisfy the caller’s inquiry.
- Stock incoming inventory in the correct location.
- Maintain the parts department in clean and orderly manner.
- Provide customers with needed information and offer additional sales opportunities.
- Create and maintain merchandising display to promote product sales.
- Run for in-town part pickups.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty.
Walkthrough/ Orientation Specialists
We are looking for an outgoing, friendly candidate to perform walkthroughs of units at delivery time with our customers. The ideal candidate will have experience in a customer service or sales position and the ability to provide a demonstration about all the vehicle features in a concise manner.
- Work closely with the Service and Sales Managers on preparing for final delivery
- Take the purchaser on a final tour of RV by demonstrating use of equipment & components
- Go through the inspection check-list with the purchaser.
- Ensure all paperwork has been completed
- Basic shop skills and/or service background
- RV experience or knowledge, a plus!
- Customer service experience helpful
- Polished and professional
- Good listener
- Pleasant personality
- Attention to detail
OEM Parts Coordinators
Collier RV is looking for two OEM Parts Coordinators to work in the Parts Department at our Rockford location. For this full-time position, the qualified individuals will order OEM parts, receive them and distribute them to the service technicians. This is a fast-paced environment where staying focused is key. We are looking for dedicated employees with a strong work ethic and excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills to help support our growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides consultation to service technicians and customers determining needs and accuracy for proper size, color, placement of product prior to scheduling job for installation.
- Coordinates part orders directly from manufactures and diligently following up to make sure parts are received as quick as possible.
- Create special ordered parts on dealership computer system and notify management, technician or client upon receipt.
- Work directly with service department to dispatch incoming parts to technicians for work orders.
- Monitors daily parts traffic and receives parts of installations/inspects vehicles to ensure proper parts are ordered.
- Maintains orders, including status, updates, backorders, ETA’s.
- Compare invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise received.
- Assist with incoming shipments from trucks and stock items.
- Provide product knowledge and customer service for our retail store.
- Assist sales staff in providing accessories to their customers.
- Record warranty parts returned.
- Researches hard to find parts.
- Maintains appropriate levels of parts kept in stock.
- Attend weekly department meetings.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of work progress.
- Maintains a safe work area for customers and coworkers.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Experience researching and ordering parts.
- Previous retail or wholesale parts experience within the automotive or RV parts industry.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Highly motivated and hard worker.
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player.
- Some computer knowledge with experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Reliable and strong work ethic. Professional appearance is a must.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift bulky objects.
- Ability to push/pull up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 75 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Class A CDL
- Experience towing a fifth wheel & travel trailer
- RV knowledge
- Ability to work on-call
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package for full-time employees including:
- Major Medical – Dental – Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with match
If you are interested in any of these positions, we encourage you to apply! Please fill out the application below.
7373 Harrison Ave, Rockford, IL 61112